Lindy's Spaghetti Pie
(Serve with Green Salad)
|4 oz Dried Spaghetti||1/2 Cup Green sweet pepper, chopped|
|1 TBSP Butter||2 tsp Garlic, minced|
|1 Egg, beaten||1/2 tsp Fennel seed, crushed|
|1/4 Cu Parmesan Cheese, grated||1 Cup Cottage cheese|
|1 lb Ground Beef||1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|1/2 Cup Onion, Chopped||1 (15oz) Can Tomato Sauce|
| ||2 tsp Oregano|
1. Cook spaghetti for 10 to 12 min or till tender but still firm.
2. Return spaghetti to warm saucepan. Stir butter into hot pasta till melted. Stir in egg and parmesan cheese.
3. Meanwhile in medium skillet cook ground beef, onion, sweet pepper, garlic, and fennel seed till meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain fat. stir in tomato sauce and oregano; heat through.
4. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with nonstick coating. Press spaghetti mixture onto bottom and up sides of pie plate, forming a crust. Spread cottage cheese on bottom and up sides of crust. Spread meat mixture over cottage cheese. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake in a 350 deg oven for 20-25 min or till bubbly.